All credit/debit cardholders are subject to validation checks and authorization by the card issuer. If the issuer of your payment card does not, for any reason, authorize payment then you will be notified of this immediately at the checkout.
Common reasons for declined payments
- Inaccurate billing address has been entered at checkout
- The expiry date, card number or security code (3 digit number at the back of your card) have been entered incorrectly.
- Your card issuer may have declined your payment - as they don't tell us the reason for this, it's best to check with them or contact your bank.
What you can do
- Double check the card information you've entered is correct
- Try using another card
- Contact your card issuer or bank