How to update your doppel's firmware
1. Firstly, if you have already connected your doppel to the app please start by clearing your Bluetooth cache this step is important to decrease the chances of any failed update downloads and helps make the process easier.
2. Pair with the app
3. After you have paired, a prompt to update your doppel will appear on the screen, please select ok.
4. It can take up to 10 minutes to update the firmware so be patient, and do not close the app while the update is ongoing. Closing the app when an update is taking place can stop the touch gestures from working, and can sometimes stop doppel from buzzing.
If your phone is in power-saving mode, we recommend taking this off during this process.
I am receiving error messages which are stopping the process
1. Please ensure doppel has been charged for two hours, and then try the update process again.
2. If this still does not work, please clear your phone's Bluetooth cache by following the instructions in the following article.
I followed the troubleshooting steps and my doppel still won't update
We're really sorry updating your doppel is not going smoothly, if after you have followed all of the troubleshooting steps, sometimes it can take a few goes. However, if you have tried multiple times please contact our support team and we will help resolve the issue.
You can reset the firmware at any point. This is the equivalent of turning doppel off and on again and can help with some troubleshooting issues.
Screen recording of the bootloader/firmware update process
My firmware update is taking longer than 10 mins. How do I force quit the app ?
If you are using an iPhone double click the home button, all of your apps will display in a deck format, swipe up over the doppel app to force quit. If you have the iPhone X, simply hold your home "button" for a few seconds and when the deck of apps appears on screen click the red icon at the top left corner of the doppel app to force quit.
If you are using an Android phone, launch your recent applications menu, scroll to find the doppel app, then swipe right to force close the app.
How to reset your doppel
1. Once paired with the app, please go to "My Settings"
2. A "Reset" button should be visible. Click this and wait for doppel to reset. This can take 2-5mins. If this process takes longer, then please force quit the app and try again.
3. After this process has completed you will need to pair with your doppel again - this process is normal after every reset or firmware update.