How to update your doppel's firmware
1. Firstly please start by clearing your Bluetooth cache this step is important decreases the chances of any failed update downloads and helps make the process easier. Please follow the steps below to
2. Once you have followed those instructions exactly, (this is important so please reference the article linked above), you can now pair with the app.
3. Go to the ‘My Settings’ page on the app. You will most likely be prompted to update the Bootloader first. Press ‘Update available’ and then "Install" when the pop-up appears.
4. It can take up to 10 minutes to update the bootloader/firmware so be patient, and do not close the app while the update is ongoing. If your phone is in power saving mode, we recommend taking this off during this process.
If you do accidentally close the app whilst doppel is updating, go back to the ‘Update Firmware’ button on the ‘Settings’ page of the app and start the process again. It should then connect and update as before. You may need to try this more than once.
5. Once the Bootloader has successfully loaded the firmware will update. It’s important that your doppel is running the most recent version of the firmware.
IMPORTANT! Closing the app when an update is taking place can stop the touch gestures from working, and can sometimes stop doppel from buzzing when it’s placed in the charging base.
6. After this process has completed you will need to pair with your doppel again - this process is normal after every reset or firmware update.
You can reset the firmware at any point. This is the equivalent of turning doppel off and on again and can help with some troubleshooting issues.
Screen recording of the bootloader/firmware update process
My firmware update is taking longer than 10 mins. How do I force quit the app ?
If you are using an iPhone double click the home button, all of your apps will display in a deck format, swipe up over the doppel app to force quit. If you have the iPhone X, simply hold your home "button" for a few seconds and when the deck of apps appears on screen click the red icon at the top left corner of the doppel app to force quit.
If you are using an Android phone, launch your recent applications menu, scroll to find the doppel app, then swipe right to force close the app.
How to reset your doppel
1. Once paired with the app, please go to "My Settings"
2. A "Reset" button should be visible. Click this and wait for doppel to reset. This can take 2-5mins. If this process takes longer, then please force quit the app and try again.
3. After this process has completed you will need to pair with your doppel again - this process is normal after every reset or firmware update.